Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Du'a


Salaam Alaikum.


I admit it. I am indeed guilty, there are certain times when I simply say my Salama to conclude my prayer and just get up and walk away without saying any Du'a after the prayer. Usually, it's either because I am in a hurry. It is quite irresponsible of me to just get up and go. Don't I have anything to be thankful for? Am I grateful for all of Allah's mercies? Is muttering a Du'a under my breath as I fold my mat sufficient enough? No! InshaAllah,
I will make du'a for forgiveness, gratitude, guidance and strength as much as I can in a day. Once upon a time, I used to have a prayer list; A sheet of paper where I wrote down who I should pray for and why. As a very open person, people always come up to me with their problems so I thought it would be nice to add them in my prayers in order to make their worries lighter. I have gradually stopped doing this but inshaAllah, I shall start again.


I cannot reiterate the importance of Du'a


Over and over again, why can't I stick to it? In order to help me with this, I shall blog about Du'as I say and their purposes. For Allah (SWT) mentioned in the Qur'an


وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ


(Qur'an 2:186)


"...And when My servants ask about Me, I am indeed close to them. I listen to the prayer of every supplicant, when he calls on Me. Let them also, with a will, listen to My call, and believe in Me, so that they may walk in the right way"


(Qur'an 2:186).


5 comments:

Fo said...

am guilty too....for the same thing,i dnt even wake up early for the morning prayer....i just hope i stop!!

Zahratique said...

Hehe, true talk! I tell you that morning prayer ehn..it's a real challenge. Good luck stopping, i still miss it once in a while. hopefully with time, we'll overcome it.

ozaveshe said...

interesting blog. like the way you use images to give the blog an authentic look. and ur commitment to ur faith is truly admirable.
will be cominghere more often. just keep updating.

S.A. Ibrahim said...

zah,i'm also guilty when it comes to saying my du'a after prayers.But after reading your piece, i made a decision to change my ways and i'm happy that i now pay more attension to my du'a.i pray i will be consistent in doing that. thanx 4 the good work. your blog true gives me a lift in life. keep it up. Ramadan Kareem

Anonymous said...

AAWTAW. Just curious to know you better. Seem to be a good gal.